Maven Confirms He Recently Spoke With Triple H About A Potential WWE Return
Liam Parker
Remember Maven? He won the very first season of Tough Enough way back in 2001, back when World Wrestling Entertainment was still called The World Wrestling Federation. As a result of the victory, Maven was signed by WWE, but after an uneventful few years, he was released by the company in 2005 and hasn't been on WWE programming since.
According to the man himself, a return to WWE was on the cards for Maven at one point. During a recent chat with the hosts of That 90’s Wrestling Podcast, Maven revealed that he had recently spoken to Triple H about potentially re-joining WWE as an announcer ... but then the Covid-19 pandemic happened.
“Before the world was shut down, before the pandemic, I actually traveled to Orlando and met with Hunter, met with Albert [Matt Bloom], who’s running the developmental down there now," Maven said. "I was talking to them about maybe doing some announcing stuff. I went there on March 11 of 2020, and if you remember, in America, that’s the day that everything got shut down. I never want to turn my back or say it will never happen because I don’t know. I still and will always have wrestling in my blood," he added.
RELATED: 10 Funniest Tough Enough Moments, Ranked
After parting ways with WWE in 2005, Maven went to TNA where he remained until retiring in 2007. Maven came out of retirement in 2015 and has worked a few matches on the independent scene since then. Despite the years of inactivity, Maven hasn't fallen out of love with the art form.
"My love for the business is never going to leave. I tell people all the time, the WWE is like the girl who broke up with me but I wasn’t done with," Maven said. "It’s kind of hard to see her. She’s moved on and is dating a better-looking guy now. I would definitely entertain any opportunity to be back in wrestling in any capacity and so my return to the ring is just me scratching that itch a little bit.”